Have you made a nomination yet for the Gaelic Education Award?
This award is open to all 3-18 provisions doing Gaelic (Learners), Gaelic Medium as well as those that may be doing some learning of Gaelic and about Gaelic as part of the curriculum in English medium education.
Here are some questions which may encourage you to make a nomination:
- Do children and young people enjoy learning Gaelic due to the approaches you are using?
- Do you have a project which has included children and young people learning about Gaelic language and culture or learning some Gaelic?
- Do you have a successful club, trip or an event which is helping children and young people to develop their fluency?
- Does a group, organisation or business support the learning of Gaelic within your curriculum?
- Have you changed the curriculum model with the result that there is an increase in the numbers learning Gaelic?
- Are you using the Advice on Gaelic Education to improve the quality of provision?
- Is there a sense of pride, value and identity with Gaelic within your provision?
- Is there effective practice within a cluster group in implementing the 1+2 policy for language learning?
- Do you have any effective examples of supporting families with Gaelic Education?
Please make a nomination to the Gaelic Education Award by 15 February. For more information on the Scottish Education Awards, click here.