Does your school have a truly outstanding German teacher?
The German Embassy in London invites nominations for the 13th annual German Teacher Award.
The purpose of this award is:
- to recognise outstanding achievement by individual teachers of German in the UK
- to highlight and pay tribute to the work of German teachers in the UK
- to encourage the commitment of the winners’ schools to modern language teaching.
The winners will receive a personal prize of £750 and a certificate which will be presented at a special ceremony at the “Sommerfest der Deutschen Sprache” in early summer 2016.
Teachers will be selected who have made an outstanding and dedicated contribution to German teaching within the curriculum and beyond, e.g. through:
- a record of successful teaching at a school, including innovative language teaching
- successful introduction of German teaching at a school, e.g. in a primary school as a first foreign language or in a secondary school as a new language
- established and successful link activities with Germany, e.g. projects and exchanges, bilingual projects, curriculum projects
- use of German language in subjects other than German
- local or regional outreach activities
Deadline for applications: 01 May 2016
Click here for full details and nomination form
Nominations must be submitted and signed by the headteacher.